Full-Stack (PHP/React) Engineer
Customer is a trade organization of participants in the market for over-the-counter derivatives. It is headquartered in New York City and has created a standardized contract to enter into derivatives transactions. In addition to legal and policy activities. Customer manages FpML (Financial products Markup Language), an XML message standard for the OTC Derivatives industry. Company has more than 820 members in 57 countries; its membership consists of derivatives dealers, service providers and end-users.
- An understanding of object-oriented design (specifically in PHP7)
- MySQL expertise and ability to create schemas, write complex queries and optimize for performance
- Good understanding and practical knowledge of git workflow, branching, merge conflict resolution etc.
- Self-motivated, able to take projects from conception to launch
- Able to dive into undocumented code and improve upon it with additional functionality and enhanced performance
- Ability to handle multiple projects and make timely decisions
- Experience with gathering requirements for projects from non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with cross-browser and cross-platform development (IE/Firefox/Safari, Windows/Mac/Tablet, etc.) is a plus
- Administrating a LAMP/LEMP environments
- Manage AWS infrastructure to support development, QA, staging, and production environments